What is AKHI?
- A new internship scheme by MKA UK allowing Khuddam to get a taster of the work in the Majlis across various departments and develop soft skills alongside industrial experience.
- The Arabic word “Akhi” translates to brother, meaning that you will be looked after like a brother where people would be prioritising your best interest without any other worldly agenda.
- All the information on internships by MKA UK should be on this page but for any further information feel free to contact us via [email protected].
- Check Roles – keep an eye on this web page to see the latest available roles and contact us to discuss suitable roles. Roles are posted by the various departments within MKA UK.
- Interview – after reviewing your application the relevant department will be in touch with you directly in the form of an arranged meeting via a call or MS Teams. This is not an assessment but will help us understand what you seek from this internship. After this you would be on-boarded and allocated a mentor who will be your point of contact during the internship.
- Training – this part is the internship which will be ran by the relevant department who posted the role you applied for. The director of the department will appoint a mentor who will look after you. The duration of the internship and activities involved should be in the role description.
- Evaluation – before you can complete the internship, an evaluation as part of the exit process will take place. This would consist of a meeting with your mentor and director and possibly a survey. The feedback we get will help us assess our performance so that we can deliver a high quality service.
- Completion – at this stage you will have a few options:
- get your certificate and go your way
- if you prefer to serve in your region for the same role, we can help you get on-boarded
- if offered, you can further develop yourself and serve in a National Team
- Certification – check here a sample certificate which you can receive after completing the internship. The internship in accredited by ELA Adult Learning in association with Strode College.
Are you eligible?
- You must be a Khadim based in the UK
- You should have a laptop, an email account & access to internet
- You should be availability during the internship period of the role (see role description)
What can you expect as an Intern?
- Develop real transferable skills which are not easily picked up during your academic studies
- Get a taster of a profession you want to learn about before making any career decisions
- Understand more about Jamaat work and how spirituality plays a big part
- Get an accredited qualification if you complete the internship successfully
Are you ready?
INTERNAL ONLY: Click here for Department Role Registration